T-Rex of America Forum Index T-Rex of America
Forum for T-Rex Enthusiasts

Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB Rear wheel and hub for 2003 model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: WTB Rear wheel and hub for 2003 model Reply with quote

I just had the lug nuts on the rear wheel come loose on a ride.

By the time I felt it get swirly on me, it had wallowed out the holes in the wheel. Also, I think the studs have been damaged on the hub. I tried to center the wheel and tighten the nuts but the studs now spin and I cannot get them tight enough to stay done up.

Anybody got a rear wheel and or hub they want to sell?

Wayne, dare I even ask about the cost / availability of a new wheel and hub?
Gary
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed... Very Happy

I went to Summit Racing and bought some 7/16 20 wheel studs with larger knerls. Took the hub to a machine shop and had them drill out the holes and press in the new studs.

Luckily, while the holes in the wheel were quite wallowed, the cones used to center the wheel on the hub were not that badly damaged.

Fitted the repaired hub, remounted the old wheel and torqued the lug nuts to 75 ft lbs. yesterday. Time will tell, but I drove it 130 miles on the twistiest roads I could find and everything seems to be fine. When I rechecked the lug nuts they were all still at 75 ft lbs.

I feel like I got a break on this one. Total approximate cost $48.00. Laughing
Machine shop only charged me $30, about $13 for the studs and $5 for some new open ended lug nuts.

Thanks to all those who responded with PMs.

Gary
twn454
Killers Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: