T-Rex of America Forum Index T-Rex of America
Forum for T-Rex Enthusiasts

Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

radiator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fina920
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: radiator Reply with quote

OK great time in Montreal lots of great people and t-rexs.

Now for my technical question. Blew the radiator 150 miles from home. Now has anyone bought a radiator yet? If so could you please look on ebay and help me figure out which one I need. I do not understand 1 row and 2 row, i do understand that I do not have AC though. I just can not figure out the correct one because there are so many different VW models. I can not find a 1.6 L Cabriolet they are all Golfs and such.

Thanks for any help.
WAYNE 07
Lost & Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Carquest.

"It's from a 1985 to 1993 Volkswagon Cabriolet 4 cyl:1.6L; 97ci diesel vw part no;321-121-253-al "
fina920
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: radiator Reply with quote

ok I have the correct radiator now how do you install it without getting air bubbles? I know to fill it and stuff but what is secrect to no bubbles? Also what is the thermostate off of? Is this a volkswagomn as well? Sorry for all the questions but I want to get back on the road witout any problems.
fina920
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: over heating now Reply with quote

Hey brand new radiator all installed and when I went to change the thermostat I found there wasn't one. I have gone this long without so I will continue without one.

Now finally got some free time to go try out the rex. Started right up and headed to town. I made it to the gas statioin before overheating. The coolant is filled to the top and there are no leaks. I checked the top hose and it was hot and the bottom hose, from water pump, was cold and had no pressure in it. Could my water pump be shot now? It is new and never had a problem with it before. Any help would be great because I am getting ready to sell this thing now. I just want to ride.
TREXOFNY
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
fina920
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: radiator Reply with quote

I live in New Hampshire.

I am thinking that I may have air in the system. Any ideas on how to bleed the air out?
JOHNNY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ,I need this unit over the winter to do formation on staff... Yes Keith you could also assit. Give me a call ,I ll explain yon on the phone..
TREXOFNY
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for now, (in the 100 degree weather), I found that draining 75% of the antifreeze out and adding 1 bottle of Water Wetter (it comes in a 10 oz or so bottle, pink in color) and fill the other 75% with "distilled" water. It will drop you down at least 1-2 bars. If there is any air in the system it will likely take care of that with the flush. Hope this helps.

I have had many T-Rexes run this way year round and never had any issues. runs cool and smooth..

Hope this helps
RexRico

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Blew the radiator...... Reply with quote

Just wondering how you blew it? Did the unit overheat?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: