T-Rex of America Forum Index T-Rex of America
Forum for T-Rex Enthusiasts

Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMPORTANT ALL PLEASE READ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-rex
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT ALL PLEASE READ Reply with quote

As some of you know from my last post about registration problems I have been following this issue closely. This matter has been touched on by the AMA in thier most recent issue of American Motorcyclist (link below pages 10, 12-13) What Is A Motorcycle http://www.amadirectlink.com/magazine/2010/June/index.asp Basically the Federal Highway Administration has posed this question and we all need to explain to them why the T-REX is. And should continue to be listed as a motorcycle!!! The factory was contacted for this article and Andre's response can be found on page 13 mid-way through the left column.
Thanx for the space and letting me rant Wayne & Rick
Sexy_Rex
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Andre menitions that there has not been ONE fatality in a T-Rex since it was introduced in 1992, how many "Oh Sh*t" moments has the T-Rex family had? Shocked I had one and I had the GREEN light. hmmmm
21 Speed Cannondale M300 Bicycle
WAYNE 07
Lost & Confused

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone please click on this link and read pages 10 12 and 13
http://www.amadirectlink.com/magazine/2010/June/index.asp

We need everyone to comment on the definition of a motorcycle. Maybe by some miracle this might help us.

To comment on the definition of a motorcycle to federal officials go to Regulations.gov, click on "Submit a Comment," enter "FHWA-2010-0010" in the "Enter Keyword or ID:" box and click the "Search" button. The "Sumit a Comment" feature is under the "Action" column on the right side of the page.

I have not yet spoke to the factory about this but will find out soon if they have any further info on this matter and will keep everyone posted.
fina920
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: registration Reply with quote

I looked at my states registration policies and found that if worst comes to worst I could reg my rex as a reconstructed vehicle/homemade. The state would issue the rex a new VIN number and then register it. Just a thought for those having difficulties registering in their respective states.
chicknfeet
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Shocked
JOHNNY

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think a Canadian rider opinion could help.
They should known that , I have been riding this machine for 11 years and have done more than 250 000 miles..... across north amercica...
Sexy_Rex
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHNNY wrote:
Do you think a Canadian rider opinion could help.
They should known that , I have been riding this machine for 11 years and have done more than 250 000 miles..... across north amercica...

YES Exclamation
Sexy_Rex
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Letter to "Regulations.gov"

To whom it may concern:

Our country is founded on the principal of "All people are created equal". There is nothing in here about one's religious beliefs, our sex, our race, or our creed. It make no difference if we are tall, short, fat or skinny. The only common denominator is that we can all call ourselves "Americans".

"Motorcycles" come in many shapes and sizes, also. The stereo image of a "Motorcycle" is one with two wheels, an engine in between, a set of handle bars with a seat on top. Getting on one can give you the thrill of advanture and freedom.

My ride of choice is a "Motorcyle" that has three wheels. It is the only "Motorcycle" in the world with seat belts. Your passenger doesn't ride in tandem, but side-by-side. There are no handle bars, but is controlled by a steering wheel and has two wheels in the front. The controls of the clutch, brakes, and gas are done with one's feet. In fact, you sit inside a metal steel frame (cage) which includes a roof line that acts as a roll bar.

This "Motorcycle" is now powered by a 1400cc ZX Kawaski engine and a 6 speed manual transmission. It is the same power train as in a 1400ZX Kawaski Ninja "Motorcycle". It is call a T-REX and is built by Campagna Motors located in Canada. There are older models with 1100cc and 1200cc engines.

There are approximately 750 of these "Motorcycles" in the world with around 500 T-REXes in the United States. Mine is a 2007.

Please visit Campagna's WEB site: "http://www.campagnamotors.com" and familiarize yourself with this "Motorcycle". This vehicle has been produced since 1992 and to date there is not one known fatality.

Not taken a T-REX into consideration as a "Motorcyle" is a true injustice and will ban a very safe and fun vehicle from the public highway.

I ask this commission to have an open and fair mind in establishing its definition of what is a "Motorcycle".

I thank the commission for taking the time to read this letter and valuing my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: