T-Rex of America Forum Index T-Rex of America
Forum for T-Rex Enthusiasts

Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No start

View previous topic :: View next topic  
06roush

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: No start Reply with quote

Ok here is the deal I have a 05 that I brought used with lots of mods the issue that I'm having is that it sometimes when I turn the key on I don't hear the fuel pump when that happens it will crank but no start if I hear the pump it starts up but sometimes I get no crank or pump it has 2 fuel pumps one makes a clicking noise and one rumbles if you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help thanks
mellowcmb
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have the same problem I had. I believe you have 2 separate issues here, but others could chime in if I'm wrong. Issue #1: the fuel pumps need to be replaced or fixed. In my case, I would sometimes here the pump click and sometimes I wouldn't. It would normally click when cold and start right up, but after the bike got hot the pump would not work and the bike would not start. I ended up replacing my fuel pumps with 1 Holly Red fuel pump. Issue #2: your starter is going out. This is more of an electrical issue and totally separate from your fuel pump issue. Regardless of what's going on with the pump, the bike should always crank unless your battery is dead or dying. Im having the same problem with my bike and was told that it was an electrical issue. I have not fixed it as of yet, but it only happens when the bike gets really hot. Hope I've helped you out in some way.
loki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch switch,neutral safety switch,starter solenoid,fuel pump and relay. Check them all.
chicknfeet
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki wrote:
Clutch switch,neutral

This was the main problem on my 05
RexRico

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if you got to do these repairs and had any luck with them. I'm having similar issues with my 05, same thing with the rumbling sound from the fuel pump and the no cranking after its hot. I have to let it cool down before it will turn back on. Sometimes I have to even rock it side to side for a bit before wit will turn back on. Right now I'm in the middle of a tear down so I'm thinking about replacing the components you mentioned before as well as upgrade the electrical wiring.
RexRico

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if you got to do these repairs and had any luck with them. I'm having similar issues with my 05, same thing with the rumbling sound from the fuel pump and the no cranking after its hot. I have to let it cool down before it will turn back on. Sometimes I have to even rock it side to side for a bit before wit will turn back on. Right now I'm in the middle of a tear down so I'm thinking about replacing the components you mentioned before as well as upgrade the electrical wiring.
Gary
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the ground connection on your battery and where it connects to the engine. I had a bad earth connection and put up with hot starting issues for months before I finally got my ass under there and found a loose earth connection. Problem solved. Never had another issue with starting.
twn454
Killers Dad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the starter solenoid, then get hot and start melting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: