T-Rex of America Forum Index T-Rex of America
Forum for T-Rex Enthusiasts

Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK... Rev GeaR b0x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicknfeet
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: OK... Rev GeaR b0x Reply with quote

so we all have had this problem...
factory says 7oz of gear oil

I have changed rev box oil about 75 times, most of the time I put in 4-9oz - I heard viper drained 7oz and put in 10oz - Well tonight I drained a little over 8oz and filled 14oz WTF!!! I again drained it and re-filled 12oz WTF... WTF... WTF... Being confused as shyt I thought I will give my T-Rex a rev box oil change drained it about 8oz filled about 8oz (both sight glass at ¾)

BTW - I was completely sober!
ViperSSSS
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the first time I drained out 12+ oz. (covered the site glass) and filled 10 oz. to get it about 1/4 up the site glass. My reverse started grinding like hell so I drained and put about 14 oz. of 75-140 in there to get it 3/4 up the site glass. Still grinds, but works fine. I have not gotten any overflow in either case.

BTW - I was high in both times! Laughing
RexRico

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Rev Gearbox Reply with quote

Where is the sight glass for the gearbox? Where is the drain plug? And what is the right amount of fluid that should be refilled after drained? Thanks in advance...
chicknfeet
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry this is the best pic I have from my iphone...
the sight glass is located on the drivers side just lower right of the front sprocket but usually the sight glass is caked with oil so you will need to stick your hand down there and clean it off. on the top you will see a small bolt for filling and on the right closer to the bottom you will find the drain bolt (same size as the fill bolt) if you need better pic let me know and I will get them later. the factory says 7 oz but I have seen from 3.5oz to 14oz good luck!

RexRico

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate the detailed info, I guess I hadn't gotten a good look at that area because I hadn't taken off the side bag. My reverse has stopped engaging. I'm hoping that it's possibly the fluid which is low or dirty.

Wondering of anyone else has solved the problem of the reverse not engaging by any other means than changing the plate.
chicknfeet
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I have seen owning a 2005 and also working on them... it's time for a plate I'm not there to see the problem but I have swapped the plate on three 2005 and it has made the difference each time. get in contact with Wayne and order a plate. It’s not all that hard to do if you have the right tools you will need an air ratchet to get the main bolt off and a few hrs. here is the link to my 05's rev box problem.
http://forum2.trexofamerica.net/viewtopic.php?t=708&highlight=
J-rex
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree I had to do the reverse plate on my late 04 in early of the "updated" the reverse plate

this is a pic of my worn out one does it bang when u try to engage reverse now Rico
twn454
Killers Dad

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 07's and newer I have rebuilt many and changed fluids and regardless of what comes out I only fill to 1/4 of the glass with no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: