T-Rex of America Forum Index T-Rex of America
Forum for T-Rex Enthusiasts

Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bearing housing in Cush drive hub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Bearing housing in Cush drive hub Reply with quote

I had to replace my rear tire over the weekend and decided to replace the rear bearings while I had the wheel off.

I think a previous owner must have siezed and spun a bearing in the hub and it has now got to the point where the bearing is loose in the housing.

Has anyone else had to repair or replace the cush drive/hub assembly? (The one the sprocket bolts to) I imagine repairing it would involve turning the hub and inserting a sleeve, but I am not sure who would provide that service. There is also the complication of a slot for the retaining snap ring.

Wayne, Rick, is this part available for a 2003 and do you have any idea what it costs? Since the cush drive rubbers are a Campagna part, this probably is too, although I find it hard to believe that they didn't source this hub from someone else. I guess I'll just bend over and wait for the pain if it's a Campagna part!
WAYNE 07
Lost & Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bend over sweetie spank Its a Campagna part.

Part #MPB71000 $274.00

And yes I do have it in stock.
Gary
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir, may I have another?

I am hoping it will last another 5 - 7K, until it's time for the next rear tire. I don't want to do that job again until absolutely necessary.

All my riding friends were out of town for the long weekend and I really needed a new back tire.

If anyone thinks that job sucks, try doing it in a wheelchair.

I managed to get it done by myself, but it took way longer than it normally does with some help. It took me about three hours to reinstall the bearings and get the wheel on Friday morning, but I was determined as hell to do it without help. (My wife just calls it stupid stubborness)

Anyway, thanks for the info Wayne. Good to know it is available when I need it. I'm sure you will be hearing from me in a few thousand miles, if not before. I did put about 500 miles on it over the weekend and it seems to be holding up fine so far.
Millsap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an emergency situation, I've found that the cylindrical bond Loctite works perfectly (depending on the amount of clearance; of course) #660

http://www.loctite.sg/sea/content_data/93755_Loctite_660_Quick_Metal_Retaining_Compound.pdf
Gary
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Millsap,

That is good to know if it starts giving me problems.

I wonder if you can ever drive the bearing out once you stick it in with that loctite bond.

At least it will keep me riding while I wait for a replacement.

With the Fall weather as perfect as it is here in Nth Georgia, I would hate to miss even a single weekend of riding!
WAYNE 07
Lost & Confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overnight shipping or a road trip to Georgia for meeeee. woohoo Love the Fall weather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T-Rex of America Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: